Adventures of BDN

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chapter Two- "The Mysterious Knight"

The cell was dark and wet. I sat on the bed that the jail provided. The bed was an old matress, and it sat on the floor; a few springs poking out of it. It wasn't very comfortable, so I stood up and began to circle around the small cellroom.
"There must be some kind of way out of here," I told myself. "I don't deserve to be locked up in here. I am innocent!"
I began looking for a way out. I checked for cracks in the wall, loose bars on the windows, and all the other things that you would expect a criminal to look for when trying to escape. I, however, was making too much noise while looking. It was an early morning, too, so I was waking up the other criminals.
"Shut up in there!" The nearest security guard yelled at me. "You are waking up the other criminals...my hommies!"
"You shut up and get me out of this cell! I am innocent," I fought back with words.
The security guard then got out of his chair and came over to my cell. He opened it up, walked in, and popped me a punch right in the nose. I was knocked out.
"Don't you ever get smart with me, you poo killer!"

When I came to, I was lying on the cold, wet stone floor. Blood was dripping from my nose, and I was in deep pain. I got to my knees and wiped the blood from my face. It was now the middle of the night; I had been out cold all day. All of the sudden, I had a great desire for a shower and some new clothes. I had been wearing the same clothes for three days straight, and they were starting to smell like a sewage tank. I stood all the way to my feet, got on my ghetto bed, and went to sleep.
I woke up to the the shaking of my celldoor.
"Wake up, BDN! It is time for all of the criminals to be executed. Everybody is already up there. We are waiting for you," the security guard said as he continued to shake the bars.
I was shocked. An execution? I was confused. I was innocent! Why must I be executed? I didn't know what to do. I couldn't move, and I couldn't speak. I was about to be killed! Then, the magic happened.
"BDN will not lose his life today!" a voice shouted. "I am here to save him."
A tall black haired boy, whose skin was a tint of brown, appeared behind the security guard. He wore a cape and armor, along with a belt, which held two swords. He was a knight! He drew his two swords and took the security guard's life.
"Who are you? You are here to save me?" I said puzzled. "You just killed that security guard! Who are you!?"
"I am sorry. I cannot tell you that right now. Let's just say that I am the knight that saved you. Let's get you out of here," the knight said as he cut the celldoor open with his two swords.
I stepped out of the cell, and looked at the mysterious knight. It was easier to see him now because the jail hallway had more light than my cell. I took close look at him and gasped.
"Brian?" I whispered. "Is that you??"
The mysterious boy smiled.

No comments: