Adventures of BDN

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Chapter 15-"A Prophecy Found" (THE FINAL CHAPTER)

It's been three years since my brothers and I survived the attack at the girls' night out. What of it?

I spanked myself and rolled out of bed. "Wow," I thought to myself. "I think I will go on an adventure with my friends in Vegas."

My Vegas friends and I shared a strong relationship with each other; they meant the world to me. But as time went on, it came to the point where I wasn't able to see them as much as I used to. Sad, really.

Today was the exception, though. I was going to go visit my friends, and it was going to be just like old times. It had been a whole year since I had seen any of my Vegas friends to tell the truth. Wow, truly rare.

I showered and put on my finest clothing. "*Hopes everyone remembers who I am*," I said to myself. "It has been a while." I grabbed the keys, hopped into my car, and sped down the freeway going 5,678 miles an hour.

The Vegas atmosphere was exactly as I had left it. When I got out of my car, I took a big wiff of the air. "Ah, it's good to be home!"

The people--my friends--on the other hand were a bit different. The strong relationship that we once had didn't seem to be there anymore. "Curious," I thought. "I'd better ask my good friend and cousin TAB about this." I walked into TAB's house.

"TAB, my friend!!" says I.
"Ah, BDN. How goes it?" says TAB.
"Brother! What happened? What happened to our strong friendships? Why does it seem like everyone is out in their own little world?" says I.
"What? What do you mean, brother? Do you not remember?" says TAB.
"Remember? Remember what?" says I.
"Why the prophecy, of course! You know--the one you found?" says TAB.
"Prophecy...Ah, yes...It is all coming back to me now." I said as I fell into a deep flashback.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a warm day in the city of Henderson, and I decided I would go on an adventure in the mountains. I explored the mountains left and right when suddenly I came upon a cave. I entered the cave, and to my great surprise I found a box. A treasure box.

"Now for the tricky part," I said while opening up the box. A powerful light shined out the box, instantly temporarily blinding me.

When I could see again, I noticed that there was a piece of folded parchment in the treasure box. I opened it up and read the following Prophecy:

A group of friends brought together by two great men
Their friendship forever going--or so they thought.
As they grew old together they realized the end-
These two great men would leave the group of friends
Only to lead the group of friends to destruction
They knew it would come, and they wanted to fight
But weak, they were, and it all went down the drain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, I see," I said to TAB. "I remember everything now, brother."
"Yes," TAB said. "We tried to fight it but we couldn't. We were the two great men, my friend."
"Ah, it all makes sense now," I said. And then I fell into a deep thought.

It was then that I realized that the prophecy was no prophecy at all. What my friends and I have been going through the last few years is just all part of life, really. When we get older, we get busy with different things, and we don't have as much time to hang out and what not.

In the prophecy, each and everyone of us are the great men (or women if you are a girl). Sure--TAB and I left physically. But I think as time has progressed, we have all "left", meaning that we are all maturing. We still love each other, but we aren't as dependent on our friends as we were in our early teenage years. As we approach adulthood, we become more independent.

But we still love each other! Our friendship isn't destroyed, my friends. It is still there. It may not be as obvious as it was those many years ago, but it's there. And that's life. :)

2 comments:

Jared R. Brummett said...

I have a tear rolling down my face.... man so true...
THis is angela Btw.

Todd said...

*sheds a couple of tears* misses those days wishes i still had those relationships today...